Thursday 26 February 2009

Sir David Attenborough and Cassandra Clare

Sir David Attenborough:

First response from the February batch, amazingly it only took a three day response on this one which is uberly impressive. I sent a letter and a SASE and I received a really nice colour picture that was signed "Best Wishes David Attenborough" - Picture to come later, I can't be bothered scanning at the moment.

Result: Success


Cassandra Clare:

Cassandra Clare is an author, if you don't know her, then go buy all her books immediately. She became famous on the internet for writing three novel length fanfictions known as the Draco trilogy. She then got a contract and wrote a series of books. The mortal instruments trilogy, City of Bones, City of Ashes and City of Glass, City of Glass is out next month, I have mine on pre-order from amazon.com.

I sent her an email, asking if she would mind sending me an autograph, she kindly responded and said that she was sorry it had taken so long and had popped a signed postcard in the post for me.

She's replied to messages I've sent her before, she is an uberly nice girl who understands the need to be a fan girl, her books are utterly brilliant and she needs to be read by more people.

Result: Success

2 comments:

  1. hi!

    i googled "david attenborough autograph" and your blog showed up. i'd love to give my boyfriend an autographed picture from him for his birthday, how did you do it? did you send a picture for him to sign? i'm in norway and pictures of him are kinda hard to come by (unless i print it out, which of course i can do). and in that case, is it possible to get to know what address you sent it to?

    hope it's all right to ask!

    -mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also had a 3 day reply from sir David, put in my own picture (printed off the internet) and a sase with a letter explaining that my girlfriend was mad about him and I was doing it for her. Could not believe my luck!

    ReplyDelete