Tuesday 17 March 2009

December 3 month review

Welcome to the 3 month review for December, this is where I'm going to round up the results of the letters and see what's what.

Total letters sent: 25
Replies received: 14 - 56%
No Reply: 11 - 44%
RTS/Denials: 2 - 8%
Pre Prints: 3 - 12%
Authentics: 8 - 32%

So, of the 25 letters I sent, I got just over half back, of those I did get back only 8 were actually signed by the person I'd written to. A very shocking 11 people haven't replied in 3 months, although one I was told takes about 6 months to reply, but I'll come back to that. Let's talk about the ones I did get.

Within one month:
5, Stephen Fry, Victoria Wood, Thelma Barlow, Robbie Coltrane, Rik Mayall

3 genuine, 2 pre prints

Within two months:

5, Chris Barrie, Julie Walters, Ian McKellen, Charlie Cox, Brian Blessed

All genuine

Within three months:

2, Timothy Spall (genuine), Ian Holm (pre print)

(one denial, one RTS)

The people who haven't replied at all and possible reasons as to why:

Tom Felton: - filming Potter but he's able to update his twitter 6 times a day while he's at it
Dawn French: - Has been busy with comic relief I suppose
Warwick Davis: - Was told he takes about six months anyway
Tom Baker: - Um... no excuse? He's not doing any VA work currently
Paul McGann: - He's got a couple of films going on but that hasn't stopped anyone else
Sylvestor McCoy: - Touring with Little shop of horrors, which I'm actually going to see so I'm going to try and collar him outside
Anne Reid: - Bugger all, no excuse
Celia Imrie: - Not much really
Eric Sykes: - Very old I suppose (didn't stop Ian Mckellen)
Ben Barnes: - Bugger all, no more busy than Charlie Cox who sent a personalised pic
Sir Patrick Moore: - Umm... None again

Of these people, I've only thought 3 of them would be busy enough to delay sending fanmail, the rest I'm just very disapointed in.


I'm about to send off the March batch now so hopefully I'll get a few more replies.

1 comment:

  1. anne reid is very busy

    dawn french hasnt signed threw the mail for ages

    ReplyDelete